Home » Posts tagged 'green meetings'
Tag Archives: green meetings
At the Zacchera Hotels: Grand Hotel Dino, Grand Hotel Bristol, Hotel Simplon, Hotel Splendid, indoor and outdoor areas have been designed specifically for corporate #meetings or private #events and celebrations. Wheter you are planning a #wedding, a top board meeting, an employe #incentive, or just a #conference, the Zacchera Hotels properties combine a truly original style with competence and cutting edge technology. At your disposal a dedicated Events Department with professional team trained to deal with individual requirements helping your plan the whole event from the conception to the implementation.
Our handsome spaces are fully equipped with extensive facilities creating the perfect enviroment for all types of events from celebrations to multimedia presentations.
Here are the best green practices that can be adopted for the organization of your sustainable event.
• Reduction and Recycling of Waste:
– documentation: avoid the excesses of paper and use the exact quantity required;
– elimination of plastic bottles;
– collection of lanyards and badges at the end of the event to be used later;
– collection of waste in the common spaces and in the rooms by using containers;
– verification and control of the exact number of coffee breaks and meals to prepare.
• Using materials with low environmental impact:
– use of paper Ecolabel and FSC or recycled paper, and ink techniques with low environmental impact;
– selection of gadgets made from natural materials, or recycled;
– preferring for catering menu at km 0 and seasonal products.
• Reduction of energy consumption:
– suggesting the use of collective transport (train, bus, plane) or promoting car pooling;
– arranging transfers from the airport and bus station with collective;
– reducing or turn off the lighting when and where needed;
– reducing consumption for heating and cooling of the common areas
The structures that have joined the project Lago Maggiore Green Meeting have agreed to manage event planning by following these best practices to reduce the environmental impact of events.
Even your event can be more green by using the solutions that the structures involved in the Project Lago Maggiore Green Meeting have chosen to follow.
Respecting the environment does not always mean increase organizational costs, it can even help your budget.
Thanks to the internet and the new technologies, to held a green event is becoming easier and more affordable.
Here you can find some useful example of how technology can give a contribution in organizing sustainable meetings, conferences and seminars.
Preparation and promotion
Some years ago, a meeting preparatory phase could be environmentally costly.
Instead of receiving paper brochures and meeting facility directories, now people can use free online databases to find out the best place to hold a meeting. There’s no more need to collect big folders full of documents: informations are constantly available online.
Nowadays it’s possible to book structures directly online, both contacting meeting centers or going through specialized companies such as Meeting Broker and Worktropia.
When a location is chosen and all the details are settled, the promotion phase starts.
Thanks to the web it’s possible to promote meetings and events through email marketing campaigns: a way to reach a targeted public without wasting paper.
Another good promotional opportunity is to involve well-knows bloggers, so as to reach a bigger audience.
On the organizational side, the web provides opportunities to manage easily bookings, payments and accommodation.
At every seminar and event we were used to receive big amounts of paper. Today many structures offer a wireless connection and the documents are no more printed: they’re available online, together with course notes and forums where to discuss events’ and seminars’ content.
Thanks to streaming a bigger audience can be reached without implying the ecological footprint of transportation and accommodation.
Registration of speeches represents a further opportunity to reach a bigger audience, using Youtube or putting videos on a website.
Evaluation of attendees satisfaction is becoming widespread. For an enterprise is very important to have a feedback on events and meetings. Now there are web-based tools to measure the perceived value of every initiative.
Of course, there are many other fields where technology can help in organize greener events: from building heating and cooling to ecological supply chains, nowadays there are hundreds of opportunities to save energy and to significantly reduce an event’s impact.
To know and exploit technology is the first step to gain efficiency and to develop a fully sustainable meeting industry.